Friday, January 27, 2012

Aurora- The Northern Lights- MasyaAllah

Aurora picture: northern lights over mountains in Norway
Northern lights dance over the Lyngan Alps in a picture 
taken Tuesday night near Tromsø, Norway.
Aurora picture: northern lights over a forest in Finland
A multicolored blade of light seems poised to strike over
 a snowy forest in Ivalo,Finland, on January 22. 

Source:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/01/pictures/120125-solar-storm-auroras-northern-lights-earth-space-pictures/#/january-2012-aurora-borealis-finland_47693_600x450.jpg
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/01/pictures/120125-solar-storm-auroras-northern-lights-earth-space-pictures/#/lyngen-alps-aurora-1-24_47737_600x450.jpg

The aurora borealis phenomenon have always fascinate me since I taught my science tuition class (form 3) a few years ago. It is from this class that I managed to understand how the aurora actually happens. Each time I teach the topic, I like to show pictures of the aurora on the computer via the internet. Besides the wows!!, amazing !! remarks that I got from the students, I made it a point to  remind them that this is one of the unique, spectacular phenomenon of God's creation. MasyaAllah!
Have a look at this latest aurora pictures from National Geoghraphic that happenend on January 22, 2012. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts