Monday, February 20, 2012

The Durian Lesson.....

source:selangortimes.com
When I was young; when I could finish off  two or three durian fruits in one go, at that time my wallet was thin, my purchasing power was not strong enough so I had to be satisfied by having a  small portion of the fruit. 


But sad to say when I grew older and my wallet became fatter and fatter each day, I could not each much of the fruit as I had now developed diabetes, have high blood pressure and my cholesterol level is too high.


Question:So how can I accept this with an open heart, not blaming Allah for the misfortune that had befallen to me?


Answer: if you wish to buy a basket or two of durians, please do so. But as you could not consume it what about donating all the fruits (except one for you to sample) to those who can eat them, for example to pupils of tahfiz or to a group of children in your neighbourhood; they would gladly finish them off in a few minutes.


Source Lanh -Harakah 21-24 November 2011

The lesson learnt : 
If you give something that you really love, Allah will reward you even more in the hereafter.  The reward even comes after you give sedekah to those people in need or appreciate it especiallly when you see their smiling faces and words of gratitudes such as Alhamdulillah, Syukran or Thank you. You'll notice the reward is actually the feeling of satisfaction deep in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts